Art done by the incredible artist, sashmakesart!
Race: Gold Dwarf
Age: 38 (Younger Twin) Born 1331 DR
Height: 4’ 0”
Eyes: Dark Emerald Green
Hair: Dark Brownish Red Hair
Skin: Burnt Brown slightly weathered
Health: Health is fair, though will probably rapidly decline with age due to a poor lifestyle, including and not limited to excessive drinking, smoking Halfling herb and cigars, prone to violent outburst during battle resulting in lack o fself-control and injury.(When vetted against preferred enemies.) .
Deity: She believes in Haela Brightaxe
CG Domains: Chaos, Dwarf, Good, Luck, War
“Luck in battle, Joy of Battle, Dwarven Fighters
Profession: Unfortunate Events Magnet
Habits/Hobbies: Brawling/ she loves to brawl and place bets in underground fighting pits. Ermgra will never provoke a fight due to the strong moral system she believes in; this has often led to short comings and hard lessons yet she has never turned away from her beliefs
She loves a good game of Thabort.
Needed: 2D6 and wagering coins. Rules: The object of the game was to roll a “spread”, meaning the numbers one through six, in six throws of the dice or fewer. The dice were counted separately, not added together. The ante, which all players had to put up before each round, was typically a few coppers. The person in possession of the dice made two throws, remembering what numbers showed, and then paused for the other players to place bets on how many more throws it would take to make a spread (one to four rolls). If the dice roller achieved a spread in a total of six throws or fewer, he or she got half the pot. Betters who successfully guessed how many rolls it took to get the spread divided the other half of the pot. If a spread was not achieved in six rolls, then the entire pot was carried over to the next round, all players anted again, and the dice were passed to a different player to start a new round.
TRAITS, FLAWS, IDEALS, AND BONDS
- She loves song, often singing small tunes while swinging her axe in fights or battle. This gives her confidence in herself and often makes others laugh.
- Ermgra is extremely happy most of the time, often trying to bring others companions up. She is very easy going and hard to anger… mind you if you do get her angry just remember she is a dwarf carrying a very large axe.
- Ermgra typically wears armor and outfitting that she finds easy to move in, as she finds this helps her move better in battle, she has even gone as far as to disregard others advice on armoring up.
- She can be overly confident at the worst of times not to mention very boastful. As much as this is a flaw it leads to firm friendships and many good laughs.
- Ermgra unfortunately is not very intelligent which leads her to often resort in asking many questions, saying the first thing that comes to mind. She’s easily distracted in all aspects of her life that do not involve fighting or drinking. Ermgra comes off as out right obnoxious and often off putting when she is first encountered.
- Drinking is her greatess weakness, her kryptonite! She loves ale if there is a chance to have a drink you can be sure Ermgra won’t be far away. It has been said that after a tiresome battle against Goblins and Orcs the smell of ale over the stale battle strewn goblin village was enough to keep her going.
- Freedom. Everyone should be free to pursue his or her livelihood. (Chaotic)
- Glory. I must earn glory in battle, for myself and my clan. (Any)
- Greater Good. Our lot is to lay down our lives in defense of family. (Good)
- Her newest bond is with her War axe “Goldenbringer” it is a master craft weapon that was passed down to her after her grandfather died and belonged to her father. (Her grandfather never deemed her worthy enough to wield the great-axe).
- She had a fantastic bond with her parents enjoying tales of the many grandeur’s of battle with her father and a love for life from her mother. She has carried these traits with her throughout her youth and into her young adulthood,
- Her strongest bond was with her father so it was after his passing she began attending as many fights as possible in a hope that she could watch and learn how the fighters fought and take her knowledge home to begin her own training. For hours with the voice of her father pushing her through her self-taught training, onward she went, always maintaining a sense of motivation that could not be tested for this was a trait that was very familiar to her mother. It is something that started hammering the wedge between Ermgra and her grandfather Ornin.
- The relationship between Ermgra and Ornin was not always strained when she was an adolescent she would often look to her grandfather for his great stories. Little did she know at the time that her once favored stories would turn into ranting tangents and fear driven rage…
Ornin/OrmelinHopsbane: He is the father of Desgreda Hopsbane and husband of Ormelin Hopsbane. Ornin and Ormelin metafter Ornin fled the kingdom of Thunderholme after Aurgloroasa was summoned by Dagan of Dumathoin. Ornin barely escaped with his life as all his friends’family and clergy members died and succumbed to the Shadow Dragon (1054 DR).Ornin came from a long line of Dwarven Clerics and followed in their footsteps.After fleeing Ornin traveled to The Deep Kingdom where he found a clergy of Moradin where he told the tragic story of how the kingdom of Thunderholme wasdestroyed. (1055 DR)
Ornin would then spend the next almost hundred years devoting himself to Moradin. Before devoting himself to a wife. Ornin and Ormelin where fortunate enough to conceive a child and in 1148DR Desgreda Hopsbane was born. Ornin and Ormelin would live a simple life raising their daughter Desgreda in the clergy and teaching her the old histories of Thunderholme.
Ormelin died shortly before Desgreda would be blessed with the birth of 2 healthy twins one a boy and the other a girl. Ornin was so pleased with the birth of a boy he swore to devote all of his teaching to the baby boy. Not so many years later though Ornin would again be devastated by the death of his young daughter and her husband in a mining accident. Ornin would be given full responsibility of both young children.
Ornin never overcame the grief of losing his daughter, and so he had a hard time with young Ermgra as she was a spitting image of her mother spirit and all. She was feisty though often getting herself into trouble with other young Dwarves. This made Ornin even angrier with the young dwarf though he loved her very much her love of fighting baffled him as he lived a very strict life.
Desgreda Hopsbane: Was fair for a Dwarf she had thick dark red curly hair and piercing green eyes. Desgreda was very smart able to start studying the arts of the clergy at a young age. Desgreda became very well known for her ability to put any history to song, Desgreda had a love for music and a love for life she was always happy and joyful never showing weakness or fear. She taught this love to her children and her young daughter would take after her musical side with a voice almost as beautiful.
Desgreda married Runean Goldcloak a rough around the edges fighter, but Desgreda saw a better side of Runean and they would both be blessed with the birth of not one but twin baby Dwarves. She knew that she wanted to raise her children in the ways of the clergy but Runean was not so convinced he was fine with the children learning they ways of the clergy but he wanted them to be of their own making. Though they may not have seen eye to eye on everything they were a perfect match they loved each other very much.
Desgreda and Runean needed money to raise their two new additions, in an over populated city. Runean found a small job for a raid on a lower mine shaft that had been infiltrated by a group of Derro scouts. When they got to the mine shaft it was worse than they would had thought. The entire mine shaft was crawling with Derro. They seemed to be mining some of the precious stone this shaft was known for. The raid of 20 good Dwarven fighters and clerics never returned and most were never found. Some feared they had been taken prisoner and enslaved or tortured later. Though no one ever found out. Among the rubble Desgreda and Runean were found both slain in battle.
Runean Goldcloak: Runean was a natural fighter. He was trained from a very young age how to be a valiant fighter. Runean for a Dwarf was very dextrous often out footing his opponents. He studied every weapon he could get his hands on but he loved his Waraxe he named “Goldenbringer” the most.
Runean loved his children he devoted all of his time to the young Dwarves his son was a quick teach for the ways of the clergy and he was proud of that so he allowed his wife to focus her teachings to Gerd. While Gerd spend many hours a day studying Ermgra spent her time studying the art of fighting. Runean loved this he took the opportunity to teach his daughter how to be a skillful and respectful fighter.
Not much else is known about Runean he didn’t speak much of his family while with his wife and his children where never told anything. Ornin had a distaste for Runean so he never gave him the time of day and ultimately blamed him for the untimely death of his only daughter as he believed she should have stayed with him in the clergy instead of gallivanting around like an adventurer. Runean would be laid to rest in silence alongside his wife with only his children to truly mourn his death.
Ermgra Hopsbane: Ermgra was a feisty young gal. From a very young age she was taught to wield an axe and she loved it. As for her older twin he would reject fighting he found it barbaric in form and only enjoyed the teachings his mother gave about order of the clergy but Ermgra was different. She had the love of battle her father had, she often got into brawls with other young Dwarves and getting herself into trouble with her grandfather who did not agree with the young dwarf fighting he wanted her to become a member of the clergy and follow in the footsteps of the family. Ermgra would do no such thing.
When Ermgra came into her teenage years she often would stay out late to sneak into a nearby fighting rinks or simply go to taverns and wait to see if a brawl would ensue. She loved everything about a fight the pure adrenaline and focus one can have while wielding no more than just fists captivated her. As she got older she began participating often egging on other opponents to fight her, but she was a natural. She was rarely beaten, when she was, she was always willing to learn often asking for rematches. As she honed out her skills she began to grow a respect for the fight she stopped fighting people who would fight her just for the sake of it and she began choosing opponents that where a fair match or better she only wants to get better. She never wants to fight someone weaker than her because she sees that as weakness in itself there is no glory in a weak fight. This is why Ermgra has a great distaste for cowards of any sort she believes that if you do not stand nobly for your own cause then there is no room for you in the living realm and you soon will fall to this cowardly weakness.
Ermgra since losing her parents and the fact she did not get along with her grandfather she grew a very close bond with her twin brother. They often went exploring together as young Dwarves in old abandoned mine shafts, playing out the many scenes their imaginations could think of. Ermgra was always trying to get Gerd to fight with her often antagonizing him by pushing and tripping but Gerd always stayed strong never allowing his sister to break his spirit. On only one occasion did Gerd retaliate against his sister and he would never do so again. Ermgra would never speak of the instance.
The twins lead very different paths throughout their young lives. Ermgra was always getting herself into trouble and this allowed for Gerd and Ornin to become closer in the absence of a relationship between Ermgra and Ornin. Gerd would often speak down to Ermgra acting as a self-appointed parent and Ermgra despised him, this caused her to rebel more. Though Ermgra would lead a chaotic lifestyle by choice she was good at heart often helping those who needed and always being kind to those who she deemed better than her.